This is by Deb Billado, the outgoing chairwoman of the Vermont GOP.
For the past four years, it has been my honor to serve as the Chair of the Vermont Republican Party. But like any great responsibility, there comes a time to hand over the torch.
I can’t say it has all been easy. The 40 to 60 hour weeks over a four-year period take their toll. But I can honestly say that our party is in a better place than it was in four years ago.
Here are just a few accomplishments that I am most proud of — accomplishments we all achieved together:
- Increasing both Vermont House and Senate Republican seats in the 2020 election, despite national pressures that favored Democrats;
- Significantly increasing the number of women in leadership roles within the Vermont Republican Party;
- Strengthening and streamlining the fiscal position of our party;
- Increasing the size and scope of our party’s base;
- Improving our active participation with the Republican National Committee (RNC), including through attendance of regular meetings; and
- Increasing the number of Republican candidates running for office at the state, county, legislative, and local levels.
These achievements have been the result of time, energy, and hard work. I can say with confidence that I feel hopeful for the future of our party. Having recently held two major events — one for Governor Douglas’s birthday, and one with Former White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer — I feel momentum and excitement for the future of the Vermont Republican Party.
I look forward to continuing to support efforts that help our Republican candidates in a different capacity. But most of all, I am thankful to each and every one of you for your support and trust over these last four years.
The cause for limited government, fiscal prudence, personal responsibility, and individual liberty never ends. I hope you join me in continuing to work towards a better and brighter future for our state that embodies these values.
One thought on “Deb Billado: A fond farewell”
Still saddened 🙁 Godspeed Patriot! You wore it well Deb and put up with a lot of crap from what is supposed to be a conservative platform as arguably the most conservative Republican in memory. Thank you for being Gods true warrior. 😀
Comments are closed.