By Troy Worden | The Daily Signal
A basic knowledge of civics and belief in American exceptionalism are in startling decline among younger Americans, a new report suggests. About half of those surveyed under age 38 said they view the United States as a “sexist” or “racist” nation.
Young people under 21 said the nation’s 44th president, Barack Obama, had a “bigger impact” on America than its first president, George Washington.
The Foundation for Liberty and American Greatness, a nonprofit that provides civics education and resources to K-12 students, released these and other surprising findings in its first annual “State of American Patriotism” report.
The report, based on a survey of 1,078 Americans conducted by the market research and data analytics firm YouGov, found that 49 percent believe the U.S. is “racist” while 50 percent believe the country is “sexist.”
“We suspected that we would find decreasing numbers of Americans well-versed in our nation’s most important principles and young people less patriotic than the generations that came before,” said Nick Adams, founder of the organization and a White House surrogate, “but we were totally unprepared for what our national survey reveals: an epidemic of anti-Americanism.”
The report also found that 46 percent of young people say they believe “America is more racist than other countries,” and 38 percent say they don’t agree that “America has a history we should be proud of.”
Fourteen percent of millennials—those born between 1981 and 1996, according to Pew Research Center—agreed with the statement that “America was never a great country and it never will be,” the report found. And 19 percent said they believe the American flag is “a sign of intolerance and hatred.”
In addition, 44 percent of those surveyed under age 21 said they believe Obama had a “bigger impact” on America than Washington, long known as the father of the country. Eighty-four percent could not identify the specific rights enumerated in the First Amendment to the Constitution.
Adams said the report “shows that we have a major fraction of an entire generation that has been indoctrinated by teachers starting in grade school that America is what’s wrong with the world.”
5 thoughts on “Half of young Americans say US is ‘racist’ and ‘sexist,’ survey finds”
Not really surprising, given the fact that more than half of youngsters can’t make change without a calculator, don’t know when the Civil War occurred, don’t know who we fought in the Revolution, etc.
Bet they all know how many benefit programs Vermont has, how to enroll in them and receive benefits without working, who to call if their EBT card has a problem – all the important things that go along with being a drain on society.
Couldn’t have said it better myself.
Straight out of the Liberal Handbook, educating snowflakes in becoming snowflakes and dependent.
How to create a social state by Saul Alinsky
There are 8 levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a social state. The first is the most important.
1) Healthcare – Control healthcare and you control the people
2) Poverty – Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
3) Debt – Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun Control – Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.
5) Welfare – Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income)
6) Education – Take control of what people read and listen to – take control of what children learn in school.
7) Religion – Remove the belief in God from the Government and schools
8) Class Warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.
Great info. Too bad those who really need to read this won’t. They are too busy swallowing the crap they read in the Free Press, VtDigger, Seven Days. Right wing news? They never touch the stuff. Seeking truth is not in their wheel house.
Petemo, you’re right, digger should lose it’s non profit status, it’s just a left wing political puppet.
Comments are closed.